Varicose veins are an issue in which abnormally enlarged veins come close to the skin surface. When the veins develop weak walls and poor valve functioning in the thighs and calves, this problem occurs. 25 percent of women and 10 percent of men have this problem, says the US Department of Health and Human Services.
This disease causes throbbing, pain, burning feeling, fatigue, tingling, restlessness and heavy legs. Factors like hormonal changes, obesity, constipation, puberty, use of birth control pills and menopause contribute a lot to the problem of varicose veins.
Medical treatment of this problem is expensive so you can try some natural home remedies to get rid of it. Here goes the list of home remedies to get comfort from varicose veins:
It is a miracle to treat varicose veins. Having high content of vitamin C and bio-flavonoids, cayenne pepper boosts blood circulation in the body. Plus, it is effective in easing the pain of inflammable and congested veins.
- In a cup of hot water, mix a tsp. of cayenne pepper. Stir the mixture well.
- Drink it thrice a day for 2 months.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an awesome treatment of varicose veins. It is well known to increase blood circulation. Plus, it acts a natural body cleansing agent which reduces the swelling in veins.
- Pour some undiluted vinegar over the veins and massage gently. Repeat it daily before hitting the bed at night and then in the morning. Do it for few months to get rid of enlarged varicose veins.
- In a glass of water, put 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar. Mix it well and drink twice a day. Repeat for at least a month to get best results.
Use olive oil to treat varicose veins as it improves blood circulation. Pain and inflammation gets reduced to a great extent with the regular massage of olive oil.
- Mix olive oil and vitamin E oil in equal quantity. Heat it a little and massage your varicose veins for few minutes. Perform it daily for 2 months.
- Or add cypress essential oil in olive oil for massage. Put 4 drops of essential oil in 2 tsp. of olive oil.
It is a natural herb to strengthen blood vessels. It has gallic acid and essential oils which are perfect to reduce inflammation from the veins. Plus, it is an astringent too.
- Place a soaked washcloth dipped in witch hazel on the varicose veins. Do it daily two times for at least 2 months.
- Another option is to add 20 drops of witch hazel in a tub of lukewarm water. Dip your legs in the tub for around 15 minutes and then pat dry after washing them with clean water. Do it daily for 2 months to see improvement in the veins.
These are some of the natural home remedies to get rid of varicose veins. Try them out to get relief from the problem. Have a healthy day!!