Americans usually have an issue of nausea and their drug intake is too much to treat it. Such drugs lead to a couple of health problems including hip fractures, memory loss and much more. The results are very bad that lead to unwanted stress and depression.
Instead, one can deal with such issues using natural methods like aromatherapy. Reports claim that some essential oils are highly effective so if you want to try out, start with geranium oil:
What is Geranium Oil?
Geranium is a shrub having pink flowers from which the oil is extracted through steam distillation process. This oil is used in aromatherapy and also called as “poor man’s rose” and is often compared with rose oil, but actually it’s not.
Benefits of Geranium Oil
Geranium oil has therapeutic traits to treat acne, depression, sore throat, insomnia and anxiety etc. Due to its benefits for menstruation and menopause, it is used by women mostly. Also, geranium oil uplifts mood and lessens fatigue etc.
This oil reduces pain and inflammation caused due to skin problems like fungal infections, burns, eczema and frostbite etc. Also, it cures haemorrhoids to a great extent.
Travellers use geranium oil as an insect repellent. Applying it topically on the insect bites help heal the wounds and stop itching. It can also be used as massage oil to get rid of stress and cramped muscles.
Added to Foods
Beyond its usage for aromatherapy, it is added to frozen foods, baked goods, candies and alcoholic beverages etc. But to maintain your health, avoid having processed perks even if they have geranium oil.
It is being widely used in perfumes to add artificial rose scent. Plus, bathing soaps also have this oil that is quite beneficial for the skin.
Ease down skin problems
It nicely deals with skin problems and keeps you away from wrinkles and sagginess. Also, its usage tones your muscles and gives them a nice appearance.
How to Make Geranium Oil?
Geranium oil if made from young green leaves have lemon scent whereas the older leaves give rosy smell. Let’s make it at home to avail its benefits:
- Mortar and pestle
- Large jar with lid
- Jojoba oil
- Geranium leaves
- Small jar with lid
- Take leaves from geranium plant
- Clean them thoroughly with cold water
- Pat them to dry with a paper towel or cloth
- Add them to mortar and pestle and grind them unless they don’t get in pulpy consistency. Let them as it as for few hours
- Take out the crushed leaves in a large jar. Add some jojoba oil to it to cover the leaves completely. Place the jar in a cool and dry place after sealing it. Keep the jar aside for two weeks.
- After two weeks, open the jar and check the scent. If you think that it is strong enough, it’s fine. If not, then add more grounded leaves and keep the jar aside for two more weeks.
- Using a strainer, pour out the oil to another jar. Seal the jar and store it in a dry place.
Just make geranium oil at home and avail the benefits!!