Lower back pain is quite a common issue in working people. And reports say that Americans spend around $50 billion annually to get rid of back pain. But today I am here to help you in saving these bucks by suggesting some natural exercises to cure back pain. No surgery or drugs is required to treat lower back pain if you practice these exercises regularly.
Regular exercise for 10 to 30 minutes keeps you away from many health issues. Let me walk you through these easy exercises to soothe your pain:
Lower back Flexibility
Repeat lower back flexibility exercise daily for 5 times at least. Once you get adapted, increase the number slowly up to 30 times as regular practice will make it easy for you to perform the movement easily. How to do:
- Lay a mat on the floor straight. Then lie on your back and bend your knees. Your feet should be flat on the floor during this. Then you need to arch your back and wait for 5 seconds. Release the pose and relax back on the floor. Now flatten your back and hold for 5 seconds again. Release the pose and relax back.
Do this 5 times initially and you will see noticeable results in your pain.
Lower Back Rotation
Do this exercise 2-3 times per side of the body. It is about stretching the lower back. You can do it once in the morning, then in afternoon and last at night. How to do:
- Lie on your back on the floor mat. Keep your feet flat and bend your knees. Try to keep your shoulders in such a way that touch the floor, it’s important. Then roll your knees to left side of your body for 10 seconds. Release the pose and relax in the starting position. Do this again for the right side as well.
Work with Abs
Abdominal contractions are very helpful to gain back strength in the back. Let’s try out this:
Lie on your back bending your knees. It’s suggested to keep the hands below the ribcage. Now, you need to contract your abs. You must feel that your ribs are getting squeezed downwards to your back. Wait for 5 seconds and then release the pose. Relax for 2-3 seconds and then repeat the exercise for at least 10 times.
Tip: Don’t think of holding your breath while performing this exercise.
Have a Ball
Once you get comfortable with exercises, you should then try this one for sure. This exercise is quite beneficial in treating lower back exercise. For this, buy a big ball also known as Swiss ball. Try performing this exercise keeping your abdominal muscles tight. The duration should be 1 minute for this exercise. How to do:
- Lie on your back and rest your calves on the ball while bending your knees. Raise your one arm over the head and then another arm. Next, straighten one knee keeping the legs on the ball. Get relaxed. Do the same for another knee.
- Repeat the whole process with one arm over your head and opposite knee straight.
- One more option is to walk the ball with your legs in forward and backward direction.
Get relief from lower back pain and have a healthy life!!