Dragon fruit, also known as Pitaya, is a native fruit of South America. With time, the popularity and cultivation of this yummy fruit has increased. Now not only the people of South America eat this fruit, but it has also been adopted by the people of South Eastern Asia. Countries like Vietnam, China and Thailand are also relishing the stunning benefits of dragon fruit.
The fruit got its name from its skin that looks like the dragon’s skin featuring red and yellow color with green scaling. Although not many countries cultivate this exotic fruit, it is gaining immense popularity. Multitude of benefits is seen on skin, hair and health as it is found in tropical areas.
Here’s why dragon fruit works wonders for your skin and hair :
Dragon fruit has surplus benefits for skin, let’s see how.
Combat Aging Signs
Include this fruit in your skin care regime as it is flawless in fighting with ageing signs. Fine lines and wrinkles get controlled to a great extent with the use of this commendable fruit, though. Using it as a face pack shows some mind-boggling results that gives you spotless skin. It has rich content of antioxidants that works wonderfully in fighting with the radicals that are the major cause of wrinkles.
To make the pack:
- 1 tbsp of yoghurt
- 1/2 dragon fruit
How to make:
- Extract the pulp of dragon fruit and squeeze it to form a smooth paste.
- Add yoghurt.
- Apply it on your neck and face. Let it sit for around 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
This pack makes you feel young-looking and rejuvenated.
Regular usage of dragon fruit is helpful in healing acne as it has high content of vitamin C. You need:
- Cotton balls
- ¼ dragon fruit
How to make:
- Scoop out the pulp and make a smooth paste
- With a cotton ball, apply it on the affected area. Dabbing will be good.
- After 20 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water.
Relish some of the amazing hair benefits of dragon fruit:
Take Care of Colored Hair
Colored hair is prone to damage and hair fall and this is where dragon fruit shows its miracles. Dragon fruit takes care of such hair by mitigating the damage.
- Dragon fruit
How to make:
- Take the flesh of the fruit out and make a smooth paste out of it. Use a blender for this.
- Apply it on your hair as well as scalp for 20 minutes.
- Wash off the hair using a mild shampoo.
Notice amazing results after using this pack because this fruit is rich in nutrients that have the potential to reduce the effects of color.
Bonus Tip on its Storage
Because this fruit is not cultivated everywhere, you have to store it for future use. You can keep it in the fridge or any cool place for 2-3 weeks.