Eczema is a persistent disease causing redness and swelling in the skin. The major causes of eczema include irritants, excessive stress, weather change, allergies, hormonal fluctuations and many other contributing factors.
The most common highlighted symptoms of eczema are dark rashes, redness, dryness, itchiness and ugly looking patches. Plus, this disease leaves bad marks on the skin which are quite hard to get disappeared. In most of the cases, scars are never-ending.
Many types of medications and lotions are there to treat eczema scars. But other than that, you can also use natural home remedies to reduce the appearance of eczema scars. Take a look:
Honey is known to have many skin benefits. The soothing and antiseptic nature of honey makes it a good remedy to treat eczema scars.
- Wash the affected area properly with water and apply honey directly on that area.
- Or make a scrub by mixing honey with crystal sugar. Apply this scrub on the scars and rub the area gently for few minutes. Then rinse it off. Repeat this daily few times for around a week until you see noticeable results.
It is good ingredient to exfoliate the skin and removing dead cells. Plus, it tumbles down the itching effect.
- In one tbsp. of water, mix 2 tbsp. of baking soda and form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the scars and rinse off with lukewarm water after some minutes.
Another miracle to treat eczema scars is Aloe Vera. It is a natural herb which contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Plus, the irritation caused by eczema scars is reduced to a great extent and regular use of this herb helps lighten the scars.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on the scars daily. Notice the results after one week.
- Or prepare a mixture of vitamin E oil and Aloe Vera gel in equal proportion. Apply this paste on the affected area for a night. In the morning, rinse-off the area with lukewarm water. Do it daily to get relief.
Take oatmeal bath to get soothing effect and relief from scar itching. Oatmeal is well known to have natural cleansing agents which are quite good to reduce the appearance of scars.
- In a blender, put 2 cups of oatmeal and grind them well. Add the grounded mixture to warm water.
- Sit in the oatmeal mixed water for 20 to 30 minutes. Come out and pat dry your body with a towel. Use a soft towel instead.
- Repeat this remedy thrice in a day to reduce the scars.
Indian lilac is also known as neem. It is the best home remedy to get relief from eczema scars. The redness, swelling and irritation caused by eczema gets lessen down.
- Prepare a mixture of turmeric and crushed Indian lilac leaves. (1 tbsp. each)
- Put some drops of sesame oil.
- Apply the solution on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off the area.
- Do it daily once for few week.
Use these home remedies to get relief from eczema scars. Have a scar free skin!!