Antibiotics are well-known for their healing properties and preventing bacterial infections. They have the tendency to prevent the growth of bacteria which causes stomach issues, ear infection and various skin issues. Antibiotics are different for different types of diseases so it must be taken accordingly.
Over-usage of antibiotic can lead to antibiotic resistance, stomach upset, diarrhoea and nausea. Other than medicinal antibiotics, some natural foods are also good antibiotics. They fight with fungal and viral infections effectively. But these natural antibiotics can be used only as adjunct along with medicinal antibiotics and not individually. Because they may not be that effective to cure the diseases on their own!!
Let’s see which natural antibiotics are there:
Garlic has antifungal and antiviral properties. It is also a natural antibiotic which helps in killing intestinal parasites. Plus, it is rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals which are proved to be significant for overall wellness.
- Take 2 to 3 garlic cloves daily in the morning with empty stomach.
- Use as much garlic as you can in cooking.
- Consume garlic supplements to protect yourself from diseases. But take advice from your doctor first.
It is one of the best antibiotics containing antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey has the capability to combat infections and preventing bacteria from developing resistance to it.
Bacterial cells get killed with the presence of high sugar concentration, osmotic effect, polyphenols and hydrogen peroxide in honey. Use organic honey to avail the best benefits out of it.
- Make a mixture of honey and cinnamon in equal quantity and take it once in a day daily.
- Add honey to juices, tea, milk or smoothies to relish its benefits.
Oregano oil is an effective treatment against bacteria. A chemical component named Carvacol present in oregano oil minimizes infection to a great extent. And surprisingly, it contains antiviral, antioxidant, antifungal, antiseptic, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties.
- Put few tsp. of oregano oil in warm water and soak your feet daily to get relief from foot or nail infections.
- For respiratory infections, put few drops of oregano oil in warm water steamer and inhale the steam.
Olive Leaf Extract
Olive leaf extract can be effectively used as antibiotics to treat bacterial infections. It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties to fight with bacteria and fungi.
- Olive leaf extract must be used for external use at home. Take finely chopped fresh olive leaves and put them in a jar with a tight lid. Then put vodka over the leaves to let them soak completely and close the lid. Keep the jar in a dark place for 5 weeks. To use this, strain the liquid with a cheese cloth and here you go with your homemade olive leaves extract.
- Another alternative to use this extract as a supplement. Eat 250 to 500 mg olive leaf capsules two times a day to get results. But make sure you ask a doctor before taking any type of supplements.
Try these natural antibiotics to treat bacterial infections. Be healthy and fit…