Stretch marks make you feel embarrassing as they are clearly visible lines on the skin. Stretch marks are usually present in the abdominal area in off-color hue. And it can also appear on buttocks, over the thighs and breasts. In initial stages, stretch marks are pink or red in color and as time passes, they start getting forming a thin silvery line.
The main cause of stretch marks is pregnancy but it is not always same in every case. Other reasons which can cause stretch marks are hereditary factors, weight gain or loss, stress, physical condition changes and rapid growth. Stretch marks appear in the middle layer i.e. dermis. It is because the connective tissues are stretched which cause marks.
Let’s take a look on some natural home remedies to minimize stretch marks:
Castor oil is used to treat a number of skin problems like pimples, wrinkles, fine lines, moles, age spots and dark spots. And it is an effective remedy to reduce stretch marks as well.
- Apply castor oil on the affected area and massage for around 5 to 10 minutes in circular motions.
- Cover the area with a cloth and take a heating pad or hot water bottle. Give heat for half an hour to that area.
- Perform this process for a month once in a day for best results.
Aloe Vera has skin healing properties so it can be used to treat stretch marks also. Various ways are there to use this natural herb on skin.
- Rub Aloe Vera gel on the skin to get benefits. Keep it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Prepare a mixture of 10 vitamin E capsules oil, 1/4th cup Aloe Vera gel and 5 vitamin A capsules oil. Apply this mix on the affected area daily.
Eggs are rich in proteins and to get rid of stretch marks, you need to apply egg white. Egg white is full of amino acid and protein which is effective to treat stretch marks.
- Break two eggs and whip only the white portion with a fork. Apply a thick quantity on the clean skin with a brush.
- Allow the mix to dry and rinse off with cold water.
- Then to provide moisture, use olive oil on the skin.
- Do it daily for two weeks to get noticeable results.
The last method to remove stretch marks is applying lemon juice on the affected skin. It contains natural acids which minimize the appearance of marks, scars and acne problems.
- Apply lemon juice directly on the marks in circular motion. Let it sit there for at least 10-12 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is using a mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice on the marks. Wait for the mixture to dry before wiping off.
These are some effective natural home remedies to cure stretch marks. Feel confident, look confident!!