You might have read about some of the exciting health benefits of turmeric. But have you ever heard about spiced turmeric milk that is purely an Ayurvedic drink to enhance your vitality. People drink this miracle health drink at night because of its proven benefits in promoting sleep. Also, it is wonderful in treating disorders like cold, menstrual cramps, sore throat, headache, indigestion, arthritis and diarrhoea etc.
However, spiced turmeric milk works wonderfully in combating depression, breast cancer, wounds, relieving pain and much more. Turmeric has curcumin, the main compound, carries antioxidant and antiseptic properties. In Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines, turmeric is used widely.
Adding some extra spices in the turmeric milk doubles the taste and aroma. Cardamom and cinnamon are good taste enhancers and also keep sugar levels under control. Also, virgin coconut oil is an immune booster if added in this tasty beverage.
Let’s take a sneak-peek into how to make yummy spiced turmeric milk at home:
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
- A cup
- A pot
- A strainer
- Measuring spoons
How to Make?
- Take a pot and add a glass of milk in it. Turn on the flame.
- Add ingredients, ½ tsp of turmeric powder, small cinnamon stick, ¼ tsp of black pepper (powdered).
- Squash the cardamom and put it in the pot.
- Include ½ tsp of virgin oil in the mixture.
- Let the milk boil and make it simmer for some time.
- Use the strainer to strain the milk in a glass.
- Add few amount of honey to make it taste sweet.
Here you go!! Your spiced turmeric milk is ready to satisfy your taste buds as well as benefit your health in a mind-blowing way. Don’t forget to drink turmeric milk daily at night before you hit the bed.
- Those who don’t like low fat milk can go for coconut milk or almond milk as a substitute. Add stevia in place of honey to add sweetness to the beverage.
- Use less quantity of black pepper as more of it will make the milk taste bitter. If you have fresh pepper, be very careful with the amount. Use less than mentioned here.
- Don’t have cinnamon sticks? Not to worry, use cinnamon powder (1/2 tsp).
- To add more taste, try adding 1 tsp of grated ginger in this yummy hot beverage.
If you want to use turmeric paste instead of powder, then follow this recipe:
Heat turmeric powder (1/4 cup) and add ½ tsp of pepper powder, ½ cup water all in a pan. Let the solution rest in the pan until a paste is formed. Keep the flame medium. Now add this paste to the milk. Put cinnamon and cardamom as mentioned above. Freeze the paste, if left, in the fridge for future use.
Hope you will make this lip-smacking and YUMM beverage today itself for good. Enjoy the drink.