Calcium deposits in the underside of the heel bone causes heel spur pain. When plantar fascia jerks away the heel, then the calcium deposits form causing pain in the heel.
People having flat feet usually suffer from this problem. But it is not mandatory. Those having high arches are also prone to this problem. It is quite a common issue in athletes because a lot of running and jumping is involved. Plus, wearing high heels is also the cause of heel spur pain.
Walking on hard floor barefoot, wearing ill fit shoes, jogging on hard floors and tight calf muscles can give birth to heel spur pain. Let’s see some natural home remedies to get rid of this pain:
It has curcumin which acts as a painkiller. Plus, anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric help in soothing the heel pain.
- Combine together 1 cup of milk and 1 tsp. of turmeric powder in a pan. Heat the mixture and drink two times a day.
- Or take 500 mg of curcumin thrice a day. Do it for 6 weeks at least. But make sure you ask a doctor before taking any supplements.
Ice pack is an ultimate remedy to heel spur pain. Pain and inflammation can be effectively controlled with the use of ice pack.
- Take a bottle of water and freeze it
- Roll the bottle under your feet for 15 minutes
- Do it after a day to get relief from pain
Heel spurs can be healed with baking soda. Baking soda crystals are effective in lessening down the calcium deposits on the heel bone. Moreover, you get relief from pain.
- Take some water to mix it with baking soda. Make a smooth paste to apply on the affected heel spur and cover the heel with a duct tape. Do it twice a day for few days.
- Or you can mix warm water, 1 tsp. of baking soda and 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to make a drinking solution. Have this drink one time daily for at least 2 weeks. It will balance the pH level of your body.
This salt is a wonder treatment to cure heel spurs. Your heels feel soothed and relieved from pain after applying Epsom salt.
- In a tub of warm water, add 3 tbsp. of salt
- Dip your heel in it for 15 minutes
- Put firm pressure on your heel and massage it
- Hi the bed after applying some moisturizer or cream
- Do it daily
Coconut oil has loads of health benefits and this time also it has proved itself to be the best remedy for heel spurs. Pain is relieved and spurs get soften with the use of coconut oil. Plus, it is rich in calcium which is a necessary nutrient for healthy bones.
- Heat the coconut oil and massage the heel. Let the oil sit for few hours and you will notice a huge relief in the pain and inflammation. Repeat this daily at night for few days.
Stay tuned for more natural home remedies. Have a healthy day!!