Clogged artery is a situation when deposits of faulty plaque in the arteries block the flow of blood in heart or brain. And it leads to damage to body organs as the nutrients cannot reach properly to the tissues and organs. This problem cannot be detected easily because there is no known cause of clogged arteries.
Smoking, overweight, fatty diet and lack of physical workout may be the reason of this problem. Plus, high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes also contribute in worsening the problem. Clogged arteries can also lead to heart attack or heart stroke.
Some common symptoms are weakness, anxiety, chest pain, sweating, dizziness, nausea and loss of appetite. Additionally, leg pain, numbness, not able to move one leg or arm and cold feet are also some of the symptoms.
Other than drugs or medications, home remedies can also be used to prevent this problem. Let’s see:
Garlic is helpful in widening blood vessels and increasing blood circulation. Plus, it has the tendency to lessen down the cholesterol level and heart attacks.
- Boil a cup of milk with 3 chopped garlic cloves and drink this mixture when it cools down. Do it daily before hitting the bed.
- Or you can take garlic supplements or use garlic in cooking.
Turmeric is a wonder spice which has tons of health benefits. And it has proved its worth in treating clogged arteries as well. Turmeric contains curcumin which keeps your heart healthy and prevents it from forming clots. Plus, it is rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in relaxing the blood vessels.
- Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with 1 tsp. turmeric and little amount of honey daily.
- Eat turmeric supplements of around 400 to 600 mg thrice a day.
- Use turmeric powder for cooking food.
Rich in vitamin C content, lemon is a strong antioxidant to fight with clogged arteries. Blood pressure gets improved with the consumption of lemon and it is also helpful in tumbling down bad cholesterol levels.
- Put some black pepper powder, honey and 1 lemon juice into a glass of warm water. Drink this water daily twice a day and repeat it for few weeks.
- Or make a solution by mixing 1 tbsp. of lemon peel and 4 water cups. Boil this for 20 minutes and then add honey after straining it. Drink a cup thrice a day for few weeks.
Last on my list is ginger. It is an effective natural home remedy to treat clogged arteries. It is a good herb to prevent plaque deposits and lowering down cholesterol level.
- Consume ginger tea daily two to three times. Take hot water and put a tsp. of grated ginger. Bring it to boil and put it down. Allow it steep for 5-7 minutes and drink it after adding some honey to it.
- Or eat raw ginger daily in the morning on empty stomach. Take ginger supplements but consult your doctor first.