Flawless looking skin adds glory to your beauty and having some dark area can make you look undermined. It is quite a common issue that can be found in every second person. And the most embarrassing part is when you have dark elbows. You start avoiding wearing sleeveless clothes in order to hide elbows.
The major reason is that the area around elbows is thicker and folded due to which it looks dark. And because of the absence of oil glands, it is the driest part of your body. So if you will not take complete care, elbow skin will look much darker than any other body part.
Apart from this, factors like hormonal imbalance, increased melanin, obesity, genetic factors or over exposure to the sun also contribute a lot in making the elbows dark. Not to fret!! Here is the list of some natural home remedies to solve this embarrassing problem:
Apply Coconut Oil
One of my favourite and effective home remedies is coconut oil. Rich in vitamin E, it aids in skin lightening and keeps it moisturized. So let’s repair the dark elbows:
- Massage coconut oil on elbows for 2 minutes after shower. Apply it 3-4 times a day to minimize dryness.
- Take 1 tsp. of coconut oil and mix it with ½ tsp. of lemon juice. Apply this mixture and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wipe it off with paper wipes. Repeat this remedy once daily.
- Next, in 1 tbsp. of walnut powder, mix coconut oil to make fine paste and exfoliate your dark elbows for 2-3 times weekly.
Lemon is an all-time favourite skin lightener. It contains natural bleaching and exfoliating properties as well. Given the high content of vitamin C, it is a dead skin killer thus promoting the reproduction of healthy skin cells.
- Apply lemon juice mixed with sugar on dark elbows and let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and use a lotion afterwards.
- Mix some lemon juice with honey and leave it on dark area for 20 minutes. Wash off with water.
Don’t go out in sun after applying lemon on any of your body part. So I would suggest you to apply it at night.
Yoghurt is best known for its skin lightening properties. Also, it is a good cleanser and adds glow to the skin.
- Make a smooth paste of plain yoghurt and white vinegar. Apply it on the elbows and wait until it gets dry. Wipe it off with warm water and apply moisturizer after drying the skin. Repeat this remedy for few weeks to get noticeable results.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of gram flour with 1 tbsp. of yoghurt and make a thick paste. Let the paste rest on the elbows for 20 minutes and wash it off with water. Repeat it 2 to 3 times a week.
Make a homemade sugar scrub and apply it on dark elbows. It will provide exfoliation to the skin and removes dead cells.
Mix sugar and olive oil in equal quantity and apply it on elbows. Rub it for 5 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat the process weekly…
You can use these remedies for dark knees as well. Have a good day!!