Keloids are scars formed by skin injuries like burns, scrapes, acne or cuts. These scars, when become enlarged take the shape of keloids and the major reason is the abnormal growth of fibrous tissues. It takes time for the keloids to form and usually it happens when an additional amount of collagen develops in the scars.
Keloids are not painful at all but in some cases, they are itchy. As such there is no health threat as well but because they look ugly, people go for surgeries or laser treatments to get rid of them. But you don’t need to spend too much as these simple home remedies will benefit you loads. Take a sneak-peek:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar is an ultimate remedy for many diseases. And it has mind blowing benefits in treating keloids as well. The size and redness of scars gets reduced:
- Apply vinegar direct on the skin and massage gently until it gets fully absorbed into the skin.
- Let it dry and then do it again for faster healing.
- For maximum benefits, do it few times a day for 4-5 weeks.
Other than vinegar, you can also use tea tree oil. If irritation occurs with vinegar, mix it with some water before applying.
It is an exfoliator and abrasive agent.
- Take three parts hydrogen peroxide to mix it with one part baking soda. Make a paste and apply it on the skin. It will speed up the healing thus reducing inflammation. Do it 3-4 times a day for best results.
As lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and anti-oxidants, it is a very good remedy to cure keloids. With just a few weeks of use, notable results are seen.
- Squeeze one lemon and apply the juice on the skin.
- Let it sit for one hour and then rinse the area with warm water.
- Do it once daily for few weeks.
Aspirin is perfect to treat headaches and surprisingly, it is beneficial in treating keloids as well. Size and appearance of the scars gets reduced greatly.
- Make a smooth paste of 3-4 aspirin tablets mixed with water.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and let it dry. Wash the area under running water by rubbing it.
- Apply some olive oil after drying the area.
- Perform this remedy daily until you see noteworthy results.
Aloe Vera has many skin benefits and it also has remarkable doles in treating keloids. Inflammation is reduced with Aloe Vera as the skin gets moisturized. Skin infections are beautifully treated with regular use of this wonder herb.
- Wash the affected area with lukewarm water.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on it daily at least 2 times.
Sandalwood and Rose Water
Ahhhh!! My favourite skin healer is sandalwood and rose water. Sandalwood is a natural skin regenerator and rose water is a toner. Use them together to reduce keloid scars.
- Mix sandalwood powder and rose water to form a thick paste. Add some black gram paste (optional).
- Wash the area with water and apply the paste. Do it before hitting the bed. When you wake up in the morning, rinse it with warm water.
- Do it daily for 2 months
Stay tuned for more updates on natural home remedies. Have a good day!!